15 Best Places to visit in India in January 2022 For Your Travel Ecstasy
Created by: Ankita
On 16 Dec 2021
Is travel on your priority resolution this 2022? India is home to astonishing and fantabulous travel destinations that could leave unforgettable memories in your eyes forever. So, what's your pick from the bucket list this winter?
Tourism is at its peak during the chilly winters as it adorns the lush green valleys and mountains with a blanket of pearl-white snow in Jammu Kashmir. You can also sail across the calm turquoise waters of Kerala in South India. Beholding such a panoramic beauty in your eyes would be a blissful feeling that could last a lifetime!
Fascinating Places to Visit in India This January!
1. Zanskar, Ladakh: How about rolling around in the fresh soul-soothing snow ranges of Zanskar in Ladakh? Tourists can endure the strong winds and forget worldly desires in the picturesque surroundings of this place. It is also known as the trekkers' paradise, where they can move across the frozen lake or even climb through the pristine regions of Zanskar. The entire valley is snow-clad this season, and breathtaking views capture the eyes of the tourists here.
USP- Bike ride, Trekking, River rafting, Hot Kahwah
How to Reach- Leh is the closest airport to reach Zanskar. Banihal railhead located at the distance of 167km from Zanskar is another option to come here. Tourists can also get direct buses from different regions of Northern states to reach Zanskar.
2. Auli, Uttarakhand: Skiing lovers often plan a trip to Auli, an exotic hill station in Uttarakhand. To experience the chilly winters of North India, Visiting Auli in January would surely leave you with some unforgettable lifetime moments. Auli is heaven to adventure seekers and backpackers who are on the hunt for skiing getaways in India. The natural view of the Nanda Devi range from Auli is also magnificent, and the architectural excellence here is simply perfect. You can get a customized tour package to Auli as per your requirements.
USP- Trekking, Riding through cable, Skiing
Places to visit- Trishul Peak, Chenab Lake, Kwani Bugyal, Rudraprayag, and Joshimath.
How to Reach- The nearest airport here is Jolly Grant Airport of Dehradun. Rishikesh is the closes railway station to reach here, and you can also catch the local transport buses from Rishikesh or Haridwar.
Ideal Duration- 2-3 days
Best season to Visit- January is the best month to attend the national Skiing championship.
3. Jim Corbett, Uttarakhand: Capture the ultimate thrill of availing the adventure trail in the dense jungle areas of Uttarakhand! Jim Corbett National Park is peculiarly known for the wonderful flora and fauna of this well-restored jungle area. Moving through the Jungle Safaris and capturing real wilderness of rare animal species is a sight to hold for a lifetime. Most travellers plan their Jim Corbett visit in January as the weather here is quite pleasant. There are several types of resorts near the park where you can enjoy scenic views in the lap of nature.
USP- Wildlife Photography, Jeep Safari, and Campin
Places to Visit- Bijrani Zone Corbett National Park, Corbett Tiger Reserves, Garjiya Devi Temple.
How to Reach- Pantnagar airport is the closest option to reach Jim Corbett National Park. Ramnagar is the nearest railway head, and it is also well-connected through roads from Delhi state.
Ideal Duration- 1-2 Days
Best Season to Visit- October- February are the best months to visit here.
4. Delhi: While sneaking out on the best places to travel to in January 2022, do not miss out on the Charismatic Delhi vibe. Apart from being the country's capital, Delhi also hosts many vibrant festivals, and renowned markets of this state are also very popular. Tourists cannot even miss out on the scrumptious Mughal delicacies and ever the tempting street foods that satiate their taste buds. In addition, the city signifies the finesse of ancient architecture, and the popular Republic Day Parade is a must-visit here. January winters in Delhi are worth a try for sure!
USP- Shopping at Karol Bagh or Sarojini Nagar Market, Republic Day Parade, and Mughal delicacies.
Places to Visit- Iskcon Temple, Lotus Temple, Akshardham Mandir, Jama Masjid, and Baoli in Mehrauli.
How to Reach- Nearest airport connecting Delhi with other cities is the Indira Gandhi International Airport here. Tourists can also reach here from the New Delhi Railway Station. Buses facility is also available to connect Delhi with different cities of North and Central India.
Ideal Duration- 3-4 Days
Best season to Visit- November-March
5. Jaipur, Rajasthan: Jaipur is a spectacular city of Rajasthan known for its glorious and royal past that speaks of the epic imperial saga. It has its charm and vibe that could last for ages, and the pink city looks more mesmerizing and soul-soothing in winters. Certainly, that's why Jaipur is a popular place to visit in January. Jaipur literature festival is also well-known for the sheer grandeur of this city. Immerse in the majesty of this city by booking the best tour package at the earliest.
USP- Bikaner camel fair for which you need to take a 5 hours drive from Jaipur.
Places to Visit- Amer Fort, Chokhi Dhani, Hawa Mahal, and Birla Mandir.
How to Reach- Tourists can take a flight and reach Jaipur Airport, located 12 km from the city. There is also a Jaipur Railway station that very well connects it to other top Indian cities.
Ideal Duration- 2-4 days
Best Season to Visit- November- January
6. Kutch, Gujarat: Next in the queue of places in India that you can visit in January is Kutch. It is a spectacular location comprising a white dessert and captures the sight of the majority of the travelers arriving here. If you are a history admirer, the historical buildings and majestic forts are bound to take your sight away. Kutch is also home to many migratory birds who come here to dwell, especially during January.
USP- Rann Utsav, International Kite Festival
Places to Visit- Darbargadh, White Desert, Kachchh Museum, Aaina Mahal, and the wildlife sanctuary.
How to Reach- Closest flight strip for reaching Kutch is Bhuj Airport. You can also catch a train from the Kutch Railway Station. There are multiple Bus services from distinct cities of Gujarat as well.
Ideal Duration- 2 days
Best Season to Visit- December-February
7. Daman and Diu: If you are looking for a beach-oriented destination to visit in January, visiting Daman and Diu is certainly a great thought to avail a soothing retreat. The scenic locations, calm beaches and pleasant weather over here put it on the list of top places to visit here. Travelers can also enjoy the Festa De Diu, the most popular beach festival in Asia. During this festive time, the entire place gets adorned beautifully like a bride. Taking a glimpse of this place during that time is sheer bliss.
USP- Festa De Diu, camping, boat tour kiosk, cave hopping, and partying at the Casa Luxo bar.
Places to Visit- Jalandhar Shrine, Shell Museum, Nagoa Beach, Gangeshwar Temple, and the Diu Fort.
How to Reach- Taking a flight and reaching Diu Island is the idealistic option to visit from all the main cities. The next option is to reach Una railway station, the nearest one from Diu. It is also well-connected to all top cities through a 370km road route.
Ideal Duration- 2-4 days
Best Season to Visit- January and February
8. Goa: Charm and celebration of New year in Goa is popular all across the world. Towards the end of December or in January, Goa is adorned like a bride with carnivals, festivals, light, and music all around. Those looking for a place you must visit in January should consider Goa on their priority list. It's a spectacular travel destination where phenomenal colors embellish the entire place, and there are plenty of architectural wonders to enjoy sightseeing during day times.
USP- Goa Lokotsav, Indian Yoga Festival
Places to Visit- Dudhsagar Falls, Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary, Aguada Fort and Basilica of Bom Jesus, Dolphin Ride
How to Reach- Nearest flight strip to Goa is the Dabolim Airport, situated at a distance of 29 Km from the place. Two popular rail routes that connect Goa with other places are the Thivim and Madgaon. The road route that connects Goa to other cities passes through MSRTC, KTC, Madgain, Vasco Da Gama, and Panaji.
Ideal Duration- 3-5 days
Best Season to Visit- October- February
9. Munnar- Thekkady- Alleppey, Kerala: While sneaking through the top travel ideas in January, the pragmatic waters of Kerala would surely make you feel fantastic. Floating on the backwaters of Alleppey and Munnar is also a great experience for travelers arriving here. The calmness and serenity of this place are evident through the cruises here. It is amongst the fascinating places of India where you can visit. During the winters, the place is cool, and you can witness the breezy winds while walking around the beach.
USP- Kathakali Dance, Bullock cart ride, Boat tour, Periyar cruise, Go hiking, and Elephant ride.
Places to Visit- Mattupetty Dam, Anamudi Peak, Kolukkumalai Tea Estate and Alappuzha Lighthouse.
How to Reach- Nearest place to reach Kerala is through Thiruvananthapuram airport and is well-connected to other airports. Famous railheads that connect Kerala are Kottayam, Cochin, and Alleppey. You can also travel to these locations through roads from top cities of South India.
Ideal Duration- 2-3 days
Best Season to Visit- October-January
10. Madurai, Tamil Nadu: Places to visit in India in January 2022 also include the Madurai from Tamil Nadu. Travelers who wish to view the architectural magnificence of rock-cut temples must plan a trip to Madurai. Visiting this place in January can exhibit a range of pretty hues, and the Mamallapuram Dance festival here also holds a unique significance. Fanatics of culture can also enjoy Pongal here that arrives mostly in January. Soulful chants at the Meenakshi temple create a holy aura that one can cherish for the whole life.
USP- Do surfing, explore the lighthouse, Watch crocodiles and seek relaxation with the Ayurvedic treatment.
Places to Visit- Samanar Hills, Meenakshi Temple, Panch Rathas, Gandi Museum, Tiger caves, and descent of Ganges.
How to Reach- The simplest way to reach Madurai is through Chennai International Airport. The closest railway station to this place is Chengalpattu, situated at a distance of 29 km. Tourists can also reach here by taking a 1.5-hour drive from Chennai.
Ideal Duration- 4-5 Days
Best Season to Visit- October- January
11. Andaman and Nicobar Island: Unveil yourself to the acoustic waves of blue water at Andaman and Nicobar. It is an incredible location and ranks amongst the popular honeymoon destinations of India. The quaint beaches, turquoise water, and the smoothened sands impart a breathtaking sight to nature lovers. Planning a visit to such the best holiday destinations in India in January is thoroughly a great idea. You can reach Havelock island, which gives a pleasant retreat to yourself. The fantastic beauty of Andamans is worth giving a sight each time.
USP- Snorkeling, Taste delicacies at the Full Moon Café, Scuba Diving, and the popular sound show.
Places to Visit- Kalapathar Beach, Neil, Venom Bar, Radhanagar, and the Cellular Jail.
How to Reach- The easiest way to reach Andaman and Nicobar through the air is from the Port Blair airport. There are ample flights here from Kolkata and Chennai. Connectivity through roads here is relatively poor. Travelers can move across waters with the Cruise and ship services from Visakhapatnam, Kolkata, and Chennai.
Ideal Duration- 4-5 days
Best Season to Visit- December-January
12. Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh: The best places to visit in India in January also include the famous state of Hyderabad. Apart from being close to the famous Mecca, it also holds importance for the pleasant weather here. Planning a trip here in January can be a great idea to witness the marvelous spots located here. Golconda Fort and the famous Ramoji Film City are amongst the leading attractions of Hyderabad.
USP- Heritage Walks, Ferry ride through Hussain Sagar Lake, street food of Charminar, City detours, and Birla Science Centre
Places to Visit- Mecca Masjid, Charminar, Hussain Sagar Lake, and the Golconda Fort.
How to Reach- The Rajiv Gandhi International Airport is nearest to the Begumpet area. This place is also well-connected through railhead via Hyderabad railway station. You can also visit a popular bus terminus that connects it with the major cities like Aurangabad, Bangalore, Kolkata, and Mumbai.
Ideal Duration- 2-4 Days
Best Season to Visit- Winters
13. Sirpur, Chhattisgarh: Sirpur is a wonderful place to visit in January, located amidst the beautiful picturesque of Chhattisgarh. This is a blissful historical town that has phenomenal monumental and natural wonders. The charm and pleasant sojourn at this holiday spot is bound to give you some lifetime memories forever. Moreover, tourists can get enthralled with a glimpse of the Sirpur National Dance festival, where the magnitude of festivities surrounds you.
USP- Nature Walks, Beach Camping, temples, and natural view of Takmak Tok.
Places to Visit- Madku Dweep, Mahant Ghasidas memorial, Urja Park, and Iskcon Temple.
How to Reach- Take a flight to Sonegaon Airport, and from there you can visit Sirpur after traveling 194 km. There is also a train to travel here from cities like the Sirpur Town Railway Station. The nearest bus stand situated here is Kagaznagar situated at 16 Km distance.
Ideal Duration- 4-5 Day
Best Season to Visit- October-January
14. Puri, Bhubaneshwar: Famous for the temple and the Chilka Lake, Puri in Bhubaneshwar is a popular tourist destination here. This is the perfect destination to visit in January as the weather is cool and pleasant. Discerned travellers from all over come here to enjoy the picturesque of Chilka lake and places nearby. Puri also has pleasant weather, and it is worth watching the birds flocking over here. The place is a sheer marvel from the mediaeval era and depicts excellent architecture and craftsmanship.
USP- Lake Cruise, Private tour to the sanctuary, fishing, and bird watching.
Places to Visit- Konark Beach, Puri Beach, Chilka Wildlife Sanctuary, and Lake.
How to Reach- Biju Patnaik Airport is the closest place to visit here, located at a distance of just 60 Kms. People can also travel here through the train route, or there are even regular buses frequently arriving from the nearby cities of Puri.
Ideal Duration- 1-2 Days
Best Season to Visit- November-January
15. Dawki, Shillong: Located at a distance of 100 Km towards the Southern part of Guwahati, Shillong is also a popular capital city of Meghalaya. The off-beat place is a paradise and amongst the best holiday destinations in India in January. It's a unique place that could give you a real vibe of the spectacular North-Eastern region of India. So embrace the visit here and add it to your bucket list of places to visit in India in January 2022.
USP- Pay a visit to the Kamakhya Temple, Camping, Boat Rides, and walking through the living root bridge of Mawlynong.
Places to Visit- Dawki Umngot river, Cherrapunji, Barapani, Nohkalikai Falls, Elephant Falls, and the Shillong peak.
How to Reach- Nearest flight strip from this place is the Guwahati Airport. There is no direct railhead to reach Dawki, but you can get down at the stop before it. You can find good connectivity of taxis and buses to arrive here as they are regularly operationalfrom Guwahati to Shillong.
Ideal Duration- 3-4 days
Best Season to Visit- November- February
By now, you have a clear idea about the best holiday destinations in India in January 2022. All the locations have their magnitude of charisma and panoramic views that fetches the attention of the tourists. Travelers worldwide visit India in January as the season here is favorable and pleasant to spend a day sightseeing. With a couple of reviews on the top places to visit in India in January, it is possible to avail a fair idea of the leading spots here. Unless you get acquainted with each of these places' specific attributes, it's not possible to understand the actual vibe you can get there. India is blessed with many contrasting travel destinations that are gorgeous, and behold some stunning views that are surely not missed at all!
FAQs on Places to Visit in India in January 2022
Q. Which are the top destination to visit in January 2022? A. Travellers eager to enjoy snowfall and chilly winters must consider traveling to Gulmarg, Sikkim of Ladakh in January. Udaipur or Jaipur is also a good choice to capture a glimpse of golden desserts while the serene waters of Munnar can leave you stunned in Kerala. Goa and Andaman are also suitable options for those who wish to avoid very chilly places from their list in January.
Q. Which is the best hill station to Visit in January in India?
A. If you wish to get the real chilled vibes of January in India, visiting hill stations like the Auli, Gulmarg, Ladakh, Sela Pass, Lachen, and Mount Abu are a good option. Pahalgam in Jammu Kashmir is also an incredible place if you wish to capture the sight of a fresh snowfall here.
Q. What places to visit in India in January are the best ones?
A. If you are just married and looking for some exotic honeymoon destination, places like Goa, Ooty, Jaisalmer, Munnar, Udaipur, Darjeeling, Andaman and Nicobar are the top options. Besides, places like Dawki or Sirpur are off-beat yet have a magnetic effect with their raw beauty worth exploring once in a lifetime. It is surely spectacular to plan a trip here with your loved ones. If you plan to travel with a gang of your friends, even Goa is a great location and enjoy new year celebrations; here is a lifetime experience.
Suggested Tour: Leh Ladakh Bike Trip From Multi Cities:-